Friday, July 16, 2010

The Greatest Show on Earth...

Summer time is here. It's HOT...very, very, very HOT. Oh. and HUMID. Can I get an AMEN from all ya'll Texans.

As a child, when I thought of Summer I would think of lots of days in the pool, at the lake, grilling outdoors, staying up late, late at night, sleeping late, late the next morning, eating watermelon, hanging out at Astroworld (R.I.P. ol' friend) Summer camps, and the CIRCUS! The circus always made it's way into town sometime during the summer months. Folks from all over would flock to see the silly clowns, amazing acrobats and vicious tigers.

So...without hesitation, the munchkins and I loaded up and headed down to see the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Baily Circus. We had a wondeful time with friends just "oohing and aahhing" over the circus acts, which can only be seen at "The Greatest Show on Earth"

It was nice to let go, and let the child in me live again...even if it was in between popcorn runs, and potty breaks.










No comments:

Post a Comment