Friday, March 05, 2010

Spring Cleaning

It's that time again, Spring! Get ready to de-clutter and get rid of the winter build-up. Throw open the shutters, lift the windows and just let all that fresh air swarm through your home. While preparing my list of Spring to-do's this weekend, I realized that my list of physical duties so closely mirrored things that also needed to be tended to in my spiritual life.

For example;

1. Clean out ALL closets.

2. Scrub behind toilets in bathroom

3. Wash windows (inside and out)

This weekend I plan to work on Spring cleaning my home and my heart at the same time.

1. I'll clear the clutter from the secret places in my heart that no one ever sees, yet things have been stored there for years - simply taking up space.

2. I'll polish up those places that just get "grimey" from lack of attention (attitude, thankfulness, upright spirit)

3. I'll wash off the windows of my soul so that new light can shine through....better make sure everything is in tip top shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment