Thursday, January 05, 2012

First Impressions...and Introductions.

"First impressions are lasting impressions" - that's what I've always been told.

This lil' old saying is my mantra in life. I'm one of those folks that really cares about first impressions. I take them seriously when I'm meeting new folks and when I'm evaluating folks that I've met (does that make sense?). When I know that folks will be meeting me for the first time I like to make a great first impression - not a fake impression, but a tailored impression of who I am. I try to be well-spoken, neatly dressed, polite, and always listening - not to chatter on too much about myself. On the flip side, I also critique folks on the way they present themselves to me when I first meet them. In my opinion if folks don't and won't take the time to present themselves mannerly on the first visit, they more than likely will not present themselves mannerly in visits to come.
This is my personal observation - take it or leave it ;0

That being said - I'm having a really hard time with HOW I am going to start my blog year and WHAT topic I will pick to speak of first.


  • Will I blog about the business my husband and I own and operate together?? - which I know wuold make for very interesting reading


  • Will I blog about our 3 munchkins and the daily fun and drama they bring?


  • Will I blog about our 1 year home remodel that is so very very close to being complete? - this is a definite adventurous read.

Since there are all of 2 people that read my blog each day (Hi MOM!) I guess first impressions really don't apply here, but still I like to imagine that maybe just maybe someone will stumble upon my blog and I want to make sure that I they have a good first impresson of me.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated....

So for now...I'll introduce myself (without chattering on so about myself :)


I'm Melissa, a 31 year-old, Texas gal. I'm a brunette, but I tend to be a blonde sometimes. I'm the Mother of 3 munckins. My husband and I own and operate a Landscape Design/Build company. I play the piano and sing soprano lead. I live life on the edge and am definitely spontaneous in my decisions. I'm a people-pleaser. I'm a Virgo. My husband and I have been married for almost 8 years and are in the final stages of a massive, gigantic, huge, monstrous, forever, seems like it will never end house remodel/rebuild.

I saw this interesting Purse Quiz (HERE) over at A Bowl Full of Lemons

Here is what my Purse says about me..

You are concerned with how you appear. Projecting your high status is important to you.
You tend to be on high alert. You are very aware of your surroundings.
You are a high maintenance person. You feel lost outside of your normal environment.
You are open and comfortable with who you are. You don't hide anything.
You are an organized and together person. You are competent and successful.
You are a very creative person. Your life tends to be a whirlwind, but you always seem to pull it together.
You are practical and down to earth. You tend to be a rather reserved and quiet person.
You are a very unique and special person. There's no one else who is anything like you

Welcome to my blog and please say "hello" or leave me a comment if you wish - I'd love to "meet" you.

No comments:

Post a Comment