Thursday, February 11, 2016

Outdated Ranch home meets Southern & Simple Update....Update

This post is a continuation - an update to an update of  This Post

This home renovation thing....it's not for the faint at heart or for the hide-in-the-corner type of personality.  No, it's a pull up your big girl britches, take charge and grab your hammer type of personality.  Trust me, I understand and appreciate the beauty at the end of the project or the light at the end of the tunnel or the tootsie roll in the middle of the tootsie pop.  I get it.  However, it's all the mud and crap in between that makes the ALL of the difference.  The plans that get nixed. The walls that get moved.  The material that is back-ordered.  The contractors who don't show up. The paint that doesn't look the same as the sample card.  I'll stop there before frustration sets in.  It's ALSO the pleasure of walking into a newly painted room and seeing the possibilities, the late nights hanging gorgeous light fixtures, the moving furniture in to set up your conversation areas, your kids running through the house on newly installed wood flooring.  What JOY! Upon completion you suddenly forget all of the heartache and pain that you just endured - the same way you forget in childbirth as you gaze at your new human.  IT IS the same feeling.  Such a pride and excitement of what is to come.

As promised - below is Source Listing of finishes in the photos below.  I'll try to answer as many questions and comments as I see them.  I have received an enormous amount of questions on This Post
Information on my Hardwoods are at the end of this post


This is my Kitchen.  I love it.  It is the Heart of our home and is used with lots of love and attention!

Source Listing for Kitchen:

The paint color in my entire Kitchen and all of my trim work is
Benjamin Moore White Dove in a Semi Gloss Finish.
It is a creamy white which looks beautiful with most any accent color

Granite Counters are Eased Edge finish in Arctic Black color with an Antique finish

The 2 Lanterns/Chandeliers over my Island (12' long) are these

Kitchen Appliances are all Jenn-Air Commercial

Faucet and Pot-fillers Fixtures are these

Barstools are these






Source Listing for Entry

Paint Color on walls in Entry and Kitchen Area is 
Benjamin Moore Ashwood in a Satin Finish

Wallpaper in Entry is Schumacher

Chandelier is similar to this one

Wall Sconces are these

Rug bought from Rugs USA






Source Listing for Living Area

Paint Color in this room is
BEHR Ashes

Side Chairs are these

Most all other Furnishings in this room are from 






I get the most inquiries about my wood flooring.  This flooring is my dream come true.  It was love at first sight and my love grows stronger every day.  This really is THE BEST wood floor around.  It was installed by The Woodshop of Texas and they did a fabulous job.  It is a Reclaimed French Oak - wide plank variations from 7" to 9" in width.  There is a custom LOBA finish on the flooring in a satin feel.  It is absolutely awesome with children and cleans up really well while looking as good as it does.  This was my splurge and I intend to get it into every room in my house eventually.

I do hope you've enjoyed hearing about the finishes in my home.  I will share our Family/Game room soon.  We did something super special in this room also and I'd love to share it with you.

Living with No Regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment