Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Stick to the Plan...

A certain passage of Scripture has been on my heart of late.  A very popular passage that we often times quote in times of struggle or when we lack direction in a particular situation.    

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  (Jer 29:11)

What a promise!  What a faith builder!  The Lord is making a declaration here...He seriously has a plan, folks. One of the most important things to notice in this verse is who is speaking to whom.  Sounds elementary, right?  How twisted and turned around we make life because we don't understand that it is God's Plan for us...NOT Our plan for us.  How often do we spend time before God praying an "Instructive" prayer - a prayer where we tell or ask God to do what WE want him to do.

Sometimes we even beg.  

I found myself doing this during my prayer time this week.  I was desperate for an answer in my time of need and I was crying out to God in desperation.  While my tears flowed and my mind raced around telling God how He could make it all better something checked in my spirit, and I felt a conviction grip me so strong that I literally sat in silence for several minutes – I do believe God spoke to my heart that day with an impression, and He said to me – What about MY plan for your life?  Am I not God?  The one who set your entire life in motion.  Why not trust Me, child?  MY plans are so much bigger than your plans…trust Me.  

WOW! 

Talk about a slap in the face!  I seriously felt like I had just been reprimanded in love by my Mother.  It was a beautiful and humbling thought.  Then suddenly a Peace swept over my spirit and I felt boldness in Faith rise within me.  I seriously could have spoken a mountain to move that day.  My prayer immediately changed to “God please show me Your will, please show me what YOU would have me do”  Jeremiah 29:11 played over and over in my mind as if God was saying to me “Stick to the Plan, Stick to the Plan”.  In the midst of the storm, in the midst of turmoil this life brings our way it is such a privilege to know the Author and the Creator of the Plan.  Why do we make it so hard on ourselves?  

Praying for strength daily to continue walking in His Plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment