Thursday, February 04, 2010

Passion...

Passion: a strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything

This word has been at the forefront of my mind today. I've heard this word, and have even used it in sentence or two, but I began thinking of how it played out in my own life, and the lives of those around me.

Rewind... (do I have ADD??)

The Stud and I were discussing our business last evening, and he said to me "you know, I don't look at my job as a job" I said "what is it then," His reply was "I look at it as another opportunity for me to live my life to the fullest, enjoying every minute of it along the way"

I sat there for a moment thinking "who is this man and is where is my stud?"

At that moment I realized....this is his passion..Life is his passion, loving his family and living his dreams....physically, emotionally and spiritually...with all of his being.

WOW!

So, back to today...I began to think about Passion, and how I might feel the same way he does about living. Of course, I love my life, my munchkins, yadda yadda yadda.. but what is that thing that drives me, what is it that makes me happy when everything else around me is gloom and doom. Most of my day was spent in deep thought...asking myself "is this my passion, is that my passion?" Of course, I couldn't help but think of Jesus, and how he expressed to us the Ultimate Passion for mankind. It really does seem beyond my comprehension - that sort of Passion.
I intend to take inventory, clean house, and find my true passion. Unfortunately, I've allowed things to creep in and cover my passion up, things that are meaningless, things that have become habits or routine.

In the words of Switchfoot..."This is your life...Are you who you wanna be?"

No comments:

Post a Comment